F is for FORGIVENESS
- We cannot have eternal life and heaven without God’s forgiveness.
- In Him [meaning Jesus] we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins. Ephesians 1:7a, NKJV.
A is for AVAILABLE
Forgiveness is available. It is…
- Available for all: For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16, NKJV.
- But not automatic: Not everyone who says to Me, “Lord, Lord,” shall enter the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 7:21a, NKJV.
I is for IMPOSSIBLE
It is impossible for God to allow sin into heaven.
- Because of who He is: God is loving and just. His judgment is against sin. For judgment is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy. James 2:13a, NKJV.
- Because of who we are: Every person is a sinner. For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23, NKJV.
But how can a sinful person enter heaven, when God allows no sin?
T is for TURN
Turn means repent.
- Turn from something-sin and self: But unless you repent you will all likewise perish. Luke 13:3b, NKJV.
- Turn to Someone: Trust Christ only: If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9, NKJV.
H is for HEAVEN
Heaven is eternal life.
- Heaven is Here: I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. John 10:10b, NKJV.
- Heaven is Hereafter: And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. John 14:3, NKJV.